Monday, September 13, 2010

Women's Mafia - 3 Winning Designers Show

"Design by Phoung My"
It’s been a long exhausting weekend, and now it’s back to the grind at work. I haven’t had my first cup of H2O yet (I don’t drink coffee), but I’ll try my best to stay awake and give you a quick recap of what went down over the weekend.

Unlike the average Joe, I kicked off my weekend on Thursday and attended the Women’s Mafia fashion show at Tela Design Studio in the Meat Packing district. This sold out event featured the top 3 winners of the “Are You Runway Ready” competition. People lined up shoulder to shoulder to catch a glimpse of the SS2011 designs of Phuong My, Dominique Auxilly and PRIESTESS NYC by Cody Ross.
Hands down I thought Dominique’s designs stole the show. Her fitted bodices, with flowing fabrics made every girl in the room swoon. I heard an outpour of women saying they wanted this dress or that…I even heard one fashion stylist say she’d love to get married in one of the dresses!

Here’s a look at one of my favorite Dominuque designs of the night:


Photos by Arthur Eisenberg
I hope you enjoy the looks as much as I did.
xoxo,
Mia



No comments:

Post a Comment